该用户从未签到

发表于 2009-11-1 18:58:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

歡迎註冊獲取F.I.R.更多資訊。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
本帖最后由 愛F.I.R的小王子 于 2009-11-1 23:22 编辑

各位, 英文學習時間=)
Live wires: F.I.R.
Hit-makers F.I.R. thrive in the intense and interactive environment of a concert
Vivian Chen
Oct 29, 2009  

Having released four studio albums, two mini-albums and a single, Taiwanese pop band F.I.R. see live performance as a way to show their fans their gratitude. The trio - guitarist Real Huang Han-chin, vocalist Faye Chan Wen-ting and composer-pianist Ian Chen Chien-ning - burst into stardom five years ago with their self-titled debut album, which has sold more than a million copies in Asia.

"Concerts offer a rare chance for us to interact with our fans," says Chen. "We can share the stories behind each song and have their feedback right away. I'm really looking forward to it."

Chan, the 28-year-old lead vocalist, says concerts are about more than just the performance itself. "We always enjoy performing live. It's a challenge and also an opportunity to refine our musicianship. The interaction with our fans is direct and dynamic. I can't get enough of it," Chan says.

F.I.R. played to full houses in Hong Kong a year ago and will be stopping in Macau next weekend as part of their first world tour, which kicked off in Taiwan two years ago.

The two-hour concert is titled Tenth Planet, which came from a track on their latest album, Love Diva. As its title suggests, the theme of the concert is outer space glam.

The band refuse to elaborate but they say concert-goers will be surprised and delighted by the remix of their hits, and with the costumes and sets. For example, the venue will be transformed into a dreamscape stage with decorations representing the planets of the solar system. "We want to create a fairyland in this urban jungle that people can escape into with our music," says Huang.

F.I.R. came together in 2002 when Chen, a veteran producer-songwriter, recruited Chan and Huang; they are nearly 10 years younger than the 37-year-old Chen and refer to him as their "mentor".

Since they first made it big in Taiwan in 2004 with Lydia - the hit song was featured in popular Taiwanese TV soap opera The Outsiders - their originality and diverse style as well as Chan's emotive vocals have been well received by fans and critics.

Most successful bands usually share the same taste in music, but F.I.R.'s members have their own favourite genres: Chen grew up listening mainly to Mando-pop; Chan loves European rockers U2 and Coldplay, and Huang is a fan of J-pop. "Although we have different personalities and love different kinds of music, our passion for music has brought us together and has always motivated us," Chen says.

Chan believes their differences help the band stand out. "Our style is like an amoeba. We've been influencing each other, thus our style has matured," she says.

F.I.R. started off as one of the few rock bands able to survive and thrive in the mainstream Mando-pop scene. Their style has gradually evolved, encompassing a diverse range of rock, folk, jazz and reggae.

They have also included elements of world music on their recent albums such as Tibetan chanting in Yue Ya Wan (Moon Crescent Bay) and Indian drum beats on Flying Tribe.

"Music is unlimited. There's so much to explore. It's hard to give a definition as our style is always evolving. Each album is an experiment to live up to our greatest potential," says Chan.

F.I.R. have been playing together for seven years and they have brought their relationship to a new level: Chan and Huang became engaged two years ago when Huang proposed at a concert in Taipei.

But when it comes to music, they do not tolerate even the slightest flaws. "We usually have a huge fight and then we're good again," says Chan, jokingly.

"Well, we value communication as well," says Chen, laughing.

When they disagree over the music, they produce their own versions and then vote to determine which is the most popular. "We're not too worried if our demos are leaked on the internet because we make changes all the time. We won't know what it's like until the very last minute," says Chen.

Since their first album, the band have been trying to spread positive messages with their music with social-conscious songs such as Forever Green, which tackles global warming issues.

"We make music that speaks our heartfelt feelings and through our music we hope to share our satisfaction and frustration about life. We want us, along with our fans, to face the future with a more positive attitude," says Chen.

F.I.R. live in concert, Nov 7, 8pm, CotaiArena, The Venetian Macao, Cotai Strip, Macau, 200-600 patacas. For details, call (853) 2882 8818, or go to cotaiticketing.com

登录/注册后可看大图

F.I.R. featuring Huang, Chan and composer-pianist Ian Chen

登录/注册后可看大图

Faye Chan and Real Huang announced their engagement during a gig

來源: 南華早報 (網址 : http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/ ... ss=Music&s=Life)
轉自FIR4EVER HONG KONG  由「牙康﹏整理並發佈

该用户从未签到

发表于 2009-11-1 19:08:12 | 显示全部楼层

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2009-11-1 19:10:48 | 显示全部楼层
重點之一:
F.I.R. played to full houses in Hong Kong a year ago and will be stopping in Macau next weekend as part of their first world tour, which kicked off in Taiwan two years ago.

澳門站是第一階段巡迴的終結~
  • TA的每日心情
    开心
    2016-8-19 11:58
  • 签到天数: 2 天

连续签到: 1 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

发表于 2009-11-1 19:12:50 | 显示全部楼层
  • TA的每日心情
    开心
    2018-10-28 20:36
  • 签到天数: 138 天